This year our district is focusing on the theme of "Making Connections". These connections can be made within your own schools, with other schools in our district or outside of our community. One of the goals in our District ITL Plan is to increase the use of global projects. To help meet this district goal, promote continued digital connections, and celebrate Digital Learning Day, we will be providing web cams to classroom teachers.
- Connect your classroom with another classroom in or out of the district using Skype or a Google Hangout. How about connecting a elementary classroom with a middle or high school classroom? Check out Skype in the Classroom or the Connected Classrooms Community on Google+
- Connect with other experts on a topic you are exploring in your classroom, including PIE business leaders in our community. (Many will connect with you via Skype or Google Hangouts)
- Connect two curricular areas and collaborate on a group activity.
- Connect with an author or illustrator. (Your LMS can assist you with this)
- Connect two or more apps ("App Smash") to create a product.
- Connect your students to a real audience by having them publish their work in an online environment (blogs, websites, YouTube, etc.)
Once you know what you will be doing on Digital Learning Day, please visit the national Digital Learning Day site to share your idea. Whether it's big or small please visit the DLD site to add your celebration. We have one classroom registered so far. In the past, Rhinelander has been a leader across the state on Digital Learning Day, so let's register those activities and continue to lead the way!